These lectures slides are adapted from Tom Murphy’s PHYS 124 lectures. Each set of lecture slides is available in PowerPoint and/or PDF formats.
- Lecture 1: Course Introduction, Crash Course. Lecture 1 PDF
- Lecture 2: Information for Lab 1. Lecture 2 PDF
- Lecture 3: Motors. Pre-lecture required-watching video and exercises: Registers by Sparkfun.
Lecture 3 PDF
video: how does a DC motor work?
video: how does a stepper motor work?
- Lecture 4: LCDs, Keypads, and Interrupts. Lecture 4 PDF
- Lecture 5: Binary, Transistors, and Logic. Lecture 5 PDF
- Lecture 6: Projects and Proposals. Lecture 6 PDF
- Lecture 7: Sensors. Lecture 7 PDF
- Lecture 8: Odds and Ends. Lecture 8 PDF
Principles of lock-in detection
- Lecture 9: Project Tips. Lecture 9 PDF
- Lecture 10: Internet of Things / Under the arduino hood. Lecture 10 PDF (large file)
- Lecture X: Python in 50 minutes (two lectures 😉 actually)”] PDF
- Your Lectures
- LECTURES BELOW ARE FROM WINTER 2017
- Lecture 11: Assembly Code and Arduino. Lecture 11 Powerpoint | PDF
- Lecture 12: Timers and Timed Interrupts. Lecture 12 Powerpoint | PDF